Sports Massage is a type of massage that is used to work on athletes of all levels of training from the weekend warrior to professional sports teams. People who do sports massage can be professional massage therapists or some athletic trainers may also do sports massage if it is allowed in their state licensing. Sports activities massage was originally designed to assist athletes prepare their bodies for optimum efficiency, recover right after a large occasion, or function properly in the course of education. Sports activities massage emphasizes prevention and healing of injuries to your muscles and tendons. Sports massage is really helpful for the individual who has injuries, chronic pain or restricted selection of movement.
Purpose of Sports Massage
Sports massage is really a sort of Swedish massage that stimulates circulation of blood and lymph fluids. The main purpose of sports massage therapy is to help alleviate the stress and tension which builds up in the body’s soft tissues during physical activity. Where minor injuries and lesions occur, due to overexertion and/or overuse, massage can break them down quickly and effectively. The massage will help prepare the athlete for peak performance, to drain away fatigue, to relieve swelling, to reduce muscle tension, to promote flexibility and to prevent injuries. Sports massage can help prevent those niggling injuries that so often get in the way of performance and achievement, whether a person is an athlete or a once a week jogger.
Four Kinds of Sports Massages:
- Pre-event sports activities massage — a brief, stimulating massage 15 – 45 minutes just before the event. It truly is directed toward the parts in the entire body that can be associated with the exertion.
- Post-event sports activities massage — given inside an hour or two of the event, to normalize the body’s tissues.
- Restorative sports activities massage — given during education to allow the athlete to train more difficult and with much less injury.
- Rehabilitative sports massage — aimed at alleviating ache as a result of injury and returning your body to well being.
Benefits of Sports Massage
Sports massage has many benefits, sports massage reduces the heart rate and blood pressure, increases blood circulation and lymph flow, reduces muscle tension, improves flexibility, and relieves pain. Each sport and athletic event uses muscle groups in a different way. Sports Massage can also include pre-event, post-event and maintenance techniques that promote greater athletic endurance and performance, lessen chances of injury and reduce recovery time.
A graduate of the Baltimore School of Massage’s class of 2011, Heather is generous, thoughtful and compassionate. She approaches each client with a calm, positive attitude and her best healing intentions. She sees massage as an opportunity to reconnect with the body and facilitate awareness. From beginning to end, she evaluates and addresses any blockage or dysfunction. She wants every client to leave feeling better than when they arrived. Whether the goal is to alleviate pain, increase mobility, ease the mind or simply melt on the table, your needs will be listened to and addressed to the best of her capabilities. She understands the importance in finding a balance of work and the rest of life. She relaxes by listening to music and podcasts, going to concerts is the ideal outing. She loves spending time with her family, dining out with loved ones and traveling. Thank you for taking a moment to learn about Heather, please book your appointment soon!
1. Describe yourself in three words: Dynamic, Compassionate, Nurturing
2. Why do you massage?: I find that healing touch from another human being is far more profound than any modern medical technology. my own scoliosis and body imbalance is being healed by healing touch and self help. And I want to use my knowledge to help those people who is carrying street physically . I believe mind, body, and spirit are all parallel with each other. And one thing helps the other in order to feel good all together!!
3.What inspires you?: Gravity!! Most of us never put gravity in equation of our everyday living. But haven’t you forgot that it is the most powerful energy thats all around us?It keeps us grounded but when we are sitting at the desk slouching, that;s also gravity. We are constantly fighting gravity but we don’t realize it. It’s our best friend and worst enemy at the same time. how funny is that?!…
4.Where did you get your training/certifications? I graduated from Central Maryland School of Massage. I specialize in Swedish, Deep tissue, Reflexology, Sports massage and Prenatal massage.
Owner, R.M.P., N.C.T.M.B Born in South Africa, and with many years of International Massage Therapy experience, Janine studied Massage in Austria & Germanty. Her bodywork is attentive and precise. Janine is a Maryland State Registered massage Practioner, Licensed with the National Board of Massage Therapy Practioners & also a member of AMTA. Ha started Massage Metta in Bethesda, MD late last year with the intention of providing a bodywork session that will meet the needs of Stay at Home Moms to Weekend Warriors & Professional Athletes alike. She truly practices the Metta Philosophy by treating all beings with Loving Kindness. Janine lives in Potomac Maryland with her husband & their lazy dogs, Chowka & Tequila.