Benefits Of Regular Massage & Bodywork
At BSC, we take a holistic healthcare approach. By using a variety of massage and bodywork modalities, we create comprehensive treatment plans for each one of our clients to help them achieve their optimal level of health and wellness. We believe that massage is not just a luxury; It is an important tool that should be included into your self care regiment.
We specialize in Deep Tissue Massage, Sports Massage, Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation, CranioSacral Therapy, Trigger Point Therapy, Swedish Massage, and much more. By combining these techniques to create customized sessions, our experienced staff makes every massage a unique experience. We believe that movement is medicine, and it is our goal to help the body heal itself.
We are fully committed to providing the best massage and bodywork services in Maryland. Client satisfaction is our priority, and we do our best to go above and beyond to provide unparalleled and professional customer service. Massage Therapy is not just our job, it's our passion.
Who Can Benefit?
Quite literally, everyone! Anyone and everyone can benefit from regular massage therapy ses-sions. Special populations that can experience great benefit are:
- Pregnant woman
- Children with anxiety and growing pains
- Elderly clients with ROM issues
- Athletes training for events
- People recovering from surgery or injury
- Anxiety and depression sufferers
- Anyone with stress
- Sufferers of digestive disorders
- Clients with Fibromyalgia
- People with headaches/migraines
- Insomnia sufferers
- Those with PTSD
- People with soft tissue strains or injuries
- Athletes with sports injuries
- Those with TMJ pain
What are the Benefits?
While every session is different, all sessions will help to:
- Increase circulation
- Stimulate the lymph system, the body's natural defense against toxic invaders
- Release endorphins, the body's natural painkiller
- Improve range of motion and decreased discomfort associated with muscle and joint pain
- Relax injured and overused muscles
- Reduce muscle spasms and cramping
- Increase joint flexibility
- Recover from strenuous workouts
- Relieve pain from migraines
- Reduce post-operative adhesions and edema, as well as reduced scar tissue
• Relaxation Response
The relaxation response is a state in which heartbeat and breathing rate slow, blood pres-sure lowers, the production of stress hormones decreases, and muscle tension decreases. The relaxation response increases the available level of serotonin, a chemical in the body that posi-tively affects emotions and thoughts.
• Mechanical Response
The physical manipulations of massage therapy and bodywork have two major physical effects: Increase in blood and lymph circulation. There is a relaxation and normalization of the soft tissue (muscle, connective tissue, tendons, ligaments), which releases nerves and deeper connective tissues.
"Regular maintenance" massage therapy sessions generally take place every 2-6 weeks. This time frame will vary person to person. If you are dealing with acute pain, training more rigorously, battling a chronic disease, etc, more regular sessions may be advised.
Although your massage therapist will help you come up with a treatment plan, you are not locked into a program. A general course of action will be discussed, but every session will start with a re-evaluation of well being and goals.
We want you to steer the wheel on your health, and it is our goal to help you achieve your optimal level of health and wellness!