A scalp massage is an individual massage which can help massage his or her scalp, it can be a good way to relieve stress. As the scalp is massaged, pressure is applied on nerve endings that are associated with acupressure points, and this pressure on the nerve endings releases endorphins that help relieve stress and increase pleasure. Scalp massages are popular for their relaxing and calming effect. They stimulate blood flow in the scalp, which promotes hair growth by providing more nutrients to the hair follicles, and they help relieve headaches, stress and sinus congestion.
Benefits of Scalp Massage
- Scalp massage can increase the production of certain chemicals in the body, including endorphins and serotonin. These chemicals can help put you in a better mood, reducing your stress and creating an environment for relaxation.
- Scalp massage also can relieve pain by improving circulation and removing muscle tension. This can be especially helpful if you have a migraine or headache. Migraines are sometimes caused by a decrease in serotonin levels.
- Scalp massage may be able to increase serotonin levels and relieve pain. Headaches, on the other hand, may be caused by muscle tension, which a scalp massage can also alleviate.
- Scalp massage can also strengthen hair follicles which, in turn, strengthens the entire hair shaft. Often this type of massage is accompanied by special oils that are applied to the scalp and hair to provide increased nourishment and work with the hair’s natural oils to repair dryness and breakage.
- Since a scalp massage often includes massage of the neck, back and shoulders, it can also help relieve that crick in your neck.
- A scalp massager is that it increases blood circulation. This increase of blood flow can improve hair follicle growth, leading to more or newer hair.
A graduate of the Baltimore School of Massage’s class of 2011, Heather is generous, thoughtful and compassionate. She approaches each client with a calm, positive attitude and her best healing intentions. She sees massage as an opportunity to reconnect with the body and facilitate awareness. From beginning to end, she evaluates and addresses any blockage or dysfunction. She wants every client to leave feeling better than when they arrived. Whether the goal is to alleviate pain, increase mobility, ease the mind or simply melt on the table, your needs will be listened to and addressed to the best of her capabilities. She understands the importance in finding a balance of work and the rest of life. She relaxes by listening to music and podcasts, going to concerts is the ideal outing. She loves spending time with her family, dining out with loved ones and traveling. Thank you for taking a moment to learn about Heather, please book your appointment soon!
1. Describe yourself in three words: Dynamic, Compassionate, Nurturing
2. Why do you massage?: I find that healing touch from another human being is far more profound than any modern medical technology. my own scoliosis and body imbalance is being healed by healing touch and self help. And I want to use my knowledge to help those people who is carrying street physically . I believe mind, body, and spirit are all parallel with each other. And one thing helps the other in order to feel good all together!!
3.What inspires you?: Gravity!! Most of us never put gravity in equation of our everyday living. But haven’t you forgot that it is the most powerful energy thats all around us?It keeps us grounded but when we are sitting at the desk slouching, that;s also gravity. We are constantly fighting gravity but we don’t realize it. It’s our best friend and worst enemy at the same time. how funny is that?!…
4.Where did you get your training/certifications? I graduated from Central Maryland School of Massage. I specialize in Swedish, Deep tissue, Reflexology, Sports massage and Prenatal massage.
Owner, R.M.P., N.C.T.M.B Born in South Africa, and with many years of International Massage Therapy experience, Janine studied Massage in Austria & Germanty. Her bodywork is attentive and precise. Janine is a Maryland State Registered massage Practioner, Licensed with the National Board of Massage Therapy Practioners & also a member of AMTA. Ha started Massage Metta in Bethesda, MD late last year with the intention of providing a bodywork session that will meet the needs of Stay at Home Moms to Weekend Warriors & Professional Athletes alike. She truly practices the Metta Philosophy by treating all beings with Loving Kindness. Janine lives in Potomac Maryland with her husband & their lazy dogs, Chowka & Tequila.